Skip to main content

I`ve been writing a "book" & had a fun deduction

 So, for fun, I started writing a book. It`s very Sherlock Holmesy. I got my own little twist on it by adding some attributes from The Mentalist. That is because in my three favourite shows there is both BBC Sherlock AND The Mentalist. The third one is The office but the no. 1. I implemented some, but not so much of my attributes. 

It is basically a blog. The personal blog of Timothy Coates. It plays after he went trough a rough break-up and starts to solve crimes (or document them) with his roomate and friend Arthur Cene. I`ve already got some of the first case where a machanic is killed because a client that robbed an ATM left some of major evidence against him in his car, that he gave to the machanic for surveillance. I`ve got he majority of the part before the first case. 


Also I`ve been planning to go outside into the city today because I want to practice some of my methods. Speaking of methods, I think I can read clothes now. The method I basically about checking the most streched points like the hip or the elbow or the shoulders, to determine how used it is, and the shade of the fabric and overall quality to know how old it is.

Also also, I wanted to talk about a fun deduction I made. Basically I was cycling to kayak practice when I noticed two people walking thru the sidewalk. They were a male and female. What I observed: Same height, simillar face structure, not walking close, same primary hand (boy had left hand in pocket, girl had purse in left hand) around 15-16. What I deduced: closely related, probably siblings. Same height and same age, that means twins. It was a passing deduction so maybe I got something wrong or didn`t check  right or didn`t remember right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essay on Patrick Jane (spoilers)

 Introduction. Patrick Jane is the main protagonist in the 2000's American TV show "The Mentalist" portrayed by Simon Baker. Patrick Jane is the main   protagonist on the show, and with a surprisingly the least morals  on the team of protagonists. We'll get to these later. Patrick Jane works in the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI), but later works for the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI). Both as a consultant. Before that, he was a professional mentalist that faked psychic powers to get money out of people. Powers and abilities. Patrick Jane possesses a powerful mental prowess. He is a master of tactics and people, especially knowing them. His observational skills are absolutely exceptional. I myself, am a deductionist/mentalist, so I know about how this works. His observational skills are at the level of the legendary deductionist Sherlock Holmes. I'd even bother to say that Patrick Jane was a better Sherlock Holmes than the Benedict Cumberbatch inc

Intuition & deduction

 Intuition. It's a thing that, if trained generally helps you with getting to know people. Also, looking through them. I'm currently working on the latter. Intuition is nothing that is like deduction, more like guessing. Very good guessing. In the show The Mentalist the protagonist, Patrick Jane uses his power of guesswork?  He uses what is called intuition and a fair bit of deduction. We'll get to that later. Now intuition is something that is quite trainable. I'm on the road of training it. Intuition is something that works subconsciously. You look at a person and it just happens. People often confuse intuition and deduction with presumption, and that is often thought of as "being racist". This slides into the social dilemma of deduction, that I'm probabli going to do an entry on.  How intuition works It basically works like this: You look at a person that is wearing very vibrant coloured clothes. A natural reaction in your brain is "This person mus

Recent experiences

 A few days ago I saw a person that looked interesting to me, and because everyone on the internet was saying to me that I should practice, I started deducing and I didn`t get so much. I found out from attire that he must have been doing something sporty. He had his left hand in his pocket so he left his right, dominant hand to do something else. Lastly, he had some mud on his socks. That meant that he came there with a bike. NOT that it was an older sock because it rained that day. Also, I`ve been watching a lot of youtube on this topic. I also read an essay too from a young woman around my age. One of those youtube videos taught me how to observe a person. Starting from the shoes, going up to the knees then up to the jacket and it`s shoulders, back to the hands and lastly, the face. Then you simply run over the whole person again, from the data you gathered, create three or so theories and from those 1 greater picture of the person. I practice almost everyday but in passing deduction